Some of the principle licensing updates for February 2019 –
- There is a new and improved licensing guide for Dynamics365 including (most) of the latest licensing updates – search for the January 2019 document.
- Microsoft365 for Non Profit is now available in CSP
- Changes to Office365 Student Use Benefit –
- New O365 A3/A5 offers in EES (Enrollment for Education Solutions)
- Will provision correctly to the right set of service entitlement as part of Student Use Benefit
- Existing customers to continue on original SKUs through agreement term
- Azure Reservations expand availability – Reservation Discount now applies to:
- Classic VMs or cloud services
- RI’s must have ‘instance size flexibility’ option enabled
- Dev/Test Subs
- Can now centralise RI purchases by disabling the ‘Add Reserve Instance’ setting on enrolment
- New CSP Direct to Indirect capability –
- Can operate as Direct bill partner and indirect reseller using same tenant for limited transition period – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/partner-center/transition-direct-to-indirect
- Azure Visual Studio Cloud Subscriptions – Annual Subscriptions Removed and Monthly Subscriptions now Availabl
- Microsoft announced CSP Multi-Year Subscriptions Pilot, reflecting their roadmap towards ‘Modern Commerce’. Initially available for Dynamics365, for 1-3Years. Microsoft support Annual or Monthly Billing. Narrow focus on Dynamics365 in Pilot, with Customer Engagement Plan, Unified Ops Plan, Device/Activity, and Team Members.Thanks All
This website is a way to give back to the licensing community and as an information resource for all customers that work with Microsoft software and licensing. I hope you find it of value.
Copyright – Softspend Limited 2019. All Rights Reserved.