Some principle recent Microsoft licensing and solution updates, for February 2018
- Licensing – Azure Information Protection Scanner enters General Availability. Notably aligned within EM&S E5 or AIP P2. Enables GDPR. https://t.co/XWnUXoBpVz
- Roadmap Lifecycle – (Public Preview) Managing Office365 licenses becomes easier with group-based subscription assignments, Admins will be able to restrict individual services for staged deployments, and assign multiple service packages https://goo.gl/kTg5Yy
- New Feature – Office365 near term roadmap with new features across Planner, Advanced Threat Intelligence and Advanced Threat Protection https://t.co/b6YBT6cw6J
- Licensing – If you want to manage group naming conventions and expiry policies for Office365 groups, you will need Azure AD Premium licenses https://goo.gl/x7HzLc
- New Feature – Windows Defender ATP now supports Windows 8.1 and 7 https://goo.gl/T8hQPn
- New Feature – Microsoft Compliance Manager enters General Availability. Provided natively for Office365 Enterprise Plans for GDPR https://t.co/qtuvmAN5X5
- New Feature – Hybrid Azure AD Premium with on-premises MIM now enables hybrid self-service group management and self-service password reset reporting https://t.co/ikUOzvdHoU
- Microsoft News – The United States vs. Microsoft arguments started on February 27th. One to watch for the future of Azure and data privacy.
- New Feature – Microsoft enhance cloud spend management ecosystem for Azure with Budgets API (EA customers only), and ARM (Azure Resource Manager) compliant Price List and Marketplace APIs https://goo.gl/RbzfYK Providing additional valuable APIs to PyraCloud.
- Pricing – Azure Stream Analytics introduces new pricing model “If your customers have existing Enterprise Agreement (EA) enrollments that were valid as of February 1, 2017, they’ll be able to use Stream Analytics at the previous pricing model until the end of their current enrollment period” https://goo.gl/n4uiZA
- Competitor Insight – Amazon cloud lead shrinks as Microsoft Azure growth explodes http://tek.io/2BrRdRH
- Reference – Office 365 Multi-Geo address previous challenges of regional tenant requirements? Read More: https://t.co/IpaehntYfq
- New Feature for Microsoft Teams : “Anyone with a business or consumer email account, such as http://Outlook.com, http://Gmail.com or others, can participate as a guest in Teams with full access to team chats, meetings and files.” https://t.co/izBxjLdn41
- Roadmap Lifecycle – Microsoft Azure Migrate is now generally available. Microsoft step into commercial TCO with scenario planning inclusive of Azure Hybrid Use Benefit, Right-Sizing, No Charge Dependency Visualization https://goo.gl/N8CofC and further enabled by emerging features for cost and technical optimisation guidance https://goo.gl/gAVTYf within Azure Advisor.
This website is a way to give back to the licensing community and as an information resource for all customers that work with Microsoft software and licensing. I hope you find it of value.
Copyright Softspend Limited 2018. All Rights Reserved.