Some important licensing updates for February 2017
- Technical Dependency – As a reminder, Windows10 only supported Windows OS for upcoming Intel “Kaby lake”, Qualcomm’s “8996”, and AMD’s “Bristol Ridge” silicon. https://goo.gl/wXzQCn
- Technical Dependency – For customers looking to upgrade to Windows 10, OMS is becoming increasingly important, just as EMS has become for Office365. OMS providing Upgrade Analytics and Upgrade Compliance services (Preview) by connecting to Windows 10 telemetry data. https://t.co/gR6vM7ZY3E
- New Feature – Office365 Secure Score provides InfoSec scoring as Microsoft partner up with Cyber Insurance https://goo.gl/qmQuj2
- Roadmap Lifecycle – Office365 E5 Advanced Data Governance enters Preview. Offers Machine Learning enabled data classification, policies https://goo.gl/qmQuj2
- Roadmap Lifecycle – SCCM Active Server Branch 1602 enters technical preview https://goo.gl/uSxLb8
- New Feature – Azure AD Premium receives Connect Health for On-Prem AD, Azure AD sync. However, with a complex 25 USLs per Agent licensing model, defined at Role Level: https://t.co/aDyrfmV3F0
- Licensing – Office36 Visio Online available in E1 and K1 Plans. Allows users to View (but not Edit) Visio Diagrams https://goo.gl/YB7hUq
- Licensing – Microsoft Product Terms for February updated with Windows 10 VDA Add-on https://goo.gl/WzxOyS
- Licensing – Microsoft Product Terms for February updated with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Plan 1 Enterprise edition Add-on and From SA https://goo.gl/WzxOyS
- Licensing – Azure will no longer be available on February 1st 2017 via MPSA.
- Microsoft to remove locked price SKUs and Multi-Year Offers April 1st on MPSA. Supports revised CSP and EA Strategy: https://t.co/U4NbRmqCzf
- Licensing – Microsoft depart from MPSA for strategic cloud. After April 1st 2017 2+3 year Office365, Dynamics365, SPE, Windows10 are removed. <1 Year Only. https://t.co/U4NbRmqCzf
- Licensing – Office365 License Management now comes of age, with license management and selective Services Deselect. ADP1: Dynamic Groups Auto-Assign w. Self Service https://goo.gl/EZyCF3 – Enables staged Roll-Out and service deselect control over expansive plans like Office365 E5.
- Support Lifecycle – Windows10 Build 1507 End of Servicing now pushed back to end of May. https://goo.gl/gOU8ex
- New Feature – Azure Information Protection comes of age: New App, AD Group Classification, Bulk Classification w. PowerShell https://t.co/KgTG88TkQG
- Licensing – Microsoft CSP program extends Windows10 “free” Pro Upgrade from 7/8.1 to enable/sell Windows10 Enterprise Subscription USLs under CSP https://t.co/SiJjlZc08M
- Partner Insight – Microsoft expand Office Mobile App ecosystem, extensibility with Evernote, GIPHY, Trello Add Ins https://t.co/rSnlQqps6M
- R Server: Customer’s who have Licensed Servers covered with SA may, subject to the R Server use rights, use updates to R Server made available after December 2016 https://goo.gl/Yk4HMh
- SQL Server: Customer’s with servers licensed to run SQL Server Enterprise Core with SA or SQL Server Enterprise with SA may use updates to R Server for Windows made available after June 2016. https://goo.gl/Yk4HMh
- System Center: The Use Rights and License Grants Associated with Software Assurance Migration for Customers with System Center 2016 Client Management Suite clause from Section 4 of the System Center Data Protection Manager, System Center Operations Manager, System Center Data Orchestrator, and System Center Service Manager Product Entries has been removed and a reference to the January 2017 Product Terms has been added to the Migrations Rights cell of Section 4’s Attribute table to denote where this information resides. https://goo.gl/Yk4HMh
This website is a way to give back to the licensing community and as an information resource for all customers that work with Microsoft software and licensing. I hope you find it of value.
Copyright – Softspend Limited 2018. All Rights Reserved.