Latest roundup of Microsoft licensing updates for December 2017
- Licensing – Office365 enables GDPR with auto-data classification (Azure Info Protection P2) DLP policies, and Compliance Manager. However, the ‘fire hose’ of Audit Logs are retained for just 90 days, extensible with premium AddOn Advanced Security Management (ASM) for 180 days https://goo.gl/P9QDwL
- Reference (Licensing) – Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams – Setting up Communication Credits https://goo.gl/fL1h8d to enable Pre-Pay access toll-free call-out for Audio Conferencing and Calling Plans https://goo.gl/doHp8n
- Licensing – Azure Monetary Commitment (AMC) changes to reflect (a) the fact that Monetary Commitment funds are available throughout the enrollment term when fully paid upfront and (b) the removal of Consumption Allowance Ref: December 2017 Product Terms https://goo.gl/cRHNei
- Licensing – A single appendix for all Add-on and From SA transitions. Ref: December 2017 Product Terms https://goo.gl/cRHNei
- Licensing – Power BI Report Server – Running Instances entry expanding rights to run Power BI Workload Server on Azure. Ref: December 2017 Product Terms https://goo.gl/cRHNei
- Licensing – Microsoft add content to Product Terms clarifying Windows 10 Subscription License version upgrade rights. Added a carve-out in Windows 10 Multitenant Hosting permitting Azure Government customers to use KMS activation. Ref: December 2017 Product Terms https://goo.gl/cRHNei
- Licensing – General Availability for Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2018 Ref: Service Provider Use Rights December 2017 https://goo.gl/BhF7r1
- Licensing – Microsoft Server and Cloud Enrollment FAQ includes pre-paid Azure 3-year Monetary Commitment: https://goo.gl/2JU4bu
- Licensing (Reference) – New Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 licensing whitepaper (updated in November 2017): https://goo.gl/fcL785
This website is a way to give back to the licensing community and as an information resource for all customers that work with Microsoft software and licensing. I hope you find it of value.
Copyright – Softspend Limited 2018. All Rights Reserved.