This month we launched a multi-channel marketing campaign, with our “AWS Advantage” service – launched at AWS Re:Invent 2017. Expanding our core competency in Microsoft Advisory and SAM to deliver workload optimisation on AWS as part of a Multi-Cloud strategy.
SoftwareONE co-ordinated a Multi-Cloud service across the SoftwareONE Blog and MicrosoftLicenseReview.com, with Infographic, Whitepaper, and Event at Mercedes World. Thank you to all our clients that attended with us, and enjoyed some time on the track.
Please find the latest licensing and Microsoft updates roundup for November 2017 :
- Azure Reserved VM Instances are now available in all EA programs and on Azure.com https://goo.gl/hqe6xS
- Azure Monetary Commitment funds can be used throughout the term of the enrollment for new orders through the EA Prepay (3 year upfront) option. New/Renewal direct EA customers will be billed quarterly for all coverages
- Microsoft extend Microsoft365 GDPR reporting and management with Compliance Manager in Preview https://t.co/BaOQNlNUGI
- Are you getting ready for the new Microsoft Licensing MCP – you can check out the refreshed online training from Get Licensing Ready
- New Features for Office365 from October https://goo.gl/NGYQ3X
- Editions and Supported Features of SQL Server 2017 https://goo.gl/TvG5RJ
- Azure Info Protection scanner crawls through files in CIFS based file shares and SharePoint sites and apply classification, labeling and protection on files policies – driving AD Premium – https://goo.gl/vMEXt3
- Cloud App Security can read files classified by Azure Info Protection Scanner and set policies based on the file labels: https://goo.gl/mo5kZw
- Need to control/restrict service access to Office365 services with Intune You will currently need Conditional Access via Azure AD Premium P1 https://goo.gl/EYKjc7
- Microsoft approaching 1 billion identities synced with Azure AD https://goo.gl/Tq65xy
- Office365 and Azure are both GA from UK data centers. Microsoft marketing MoD move: https://goo.gl/9KrE7W
- Microsoft update MAP Toolkit ready for SQL 2017 https://t.co/8YMVDjCTFw
- If some users do not have a license for Azure Information Protection but do have a license for Azure Rights Management, edit the registry on these users’ computers to prevent them from running unlicensed features https://goo.gl/W9EiJ3
- Where Microsoft Teams and Yammer fit in a ECM architecture https://goo.gl/RGzdtg
This website is a way to give back to the licensing community and as an information resource for all customers that work with Microsoft software and licensing. I hope you find it of value.