My brief update on some of the principle roadmap and licensing updates from Microsoft in August 2016.
- The Microsoft September 2016 Product Terms add Windows 10 Enterprise E3 in CSP, Azure AD Premium P2: http://bit.ly/PT-Sep-2016
- New Project Online Essentials, Professional and Premium in the August 2016 Microsoft Online Services Terms (OST): http://bit.ly/OST-Aug-2016
- Windows Enterprise E3/E5, Azure AD Premium Plan 2 and new Project Online line-up in the Aug ´16 Microsoft Product Terms: http://bit.ly/PT-Aug-2016
- Windows10 Enterprise E3 now available with partner supported CSP programme https://goo.gl/qEUdqg
- Operations Management Suite (OMS) Security generally available for OMS and Azure Log Analytics subscribers -SIEM https://goo.gl/FndmEC
- Public preview: N-Series instances for Azure Virtual Machines come with NVIDIA GPUs https://goo.gl/Eos00k
- Machine Learning workspaces and web service pricing plans available in Azure portal https://goo.gl/lnvHwr
- Microsoft extend Office365 Trust Center to Service Assurance Dashboard https://goo.gl/Mj0Y6e
- Reminder: Windows10 SA ‘Roaming Right’ extended use right to be retired to drive per user subscription. See the key dates here https://goo.gl/MqB9Tp
- Windows10 Enterprise will be the new home for MDOP‘s App-V and UE-V. Greater bolstering of native Enterprise Edition https://goo.gl/2SXELr
- Microsoft Windows10 Enterprise E3 could EXCLUDE LTSB. Offering CB and CBB service branches only. Expect September. http://goo.gl/QV9eK0
- ExpressRoute FAQs https://goo.gl/mNngVg
- Citrix Partnership puts hatchet to Azure RemoteApp for delivery of Win Apps from Azure Cloud. Free XenApp Express https://goo.gl/6saj5H
- General Availability for Azure AD Authentication for access to Azure SQL DB and Data Warehouse services https://goo.gl/29nv39
- PowerBI gets connector for Amazon Redshift data. (Only via Desktop App and not Web or Gateway) https://goo.gl/8TPGqd
- Azure IaaS ‘Top Right’ Gartner Magic Quadrant behind AWS http://goo.gl/QkQhio
- Increase in minimum commit for Azure only SCE. This will increase from 1 to 10 MCUs from 1st Oct 2016. Expiring SCEs one-time renewal
This website is a way to give back to the licensing community and as an information resource for all customers that work with Microsoft software and licensing. I hope you find it of value.
- This article is not intended to replace the Product Terms
- This article is not intended to replace the Product Use Rights or Product List or Online Service Terms or other binding contractual documents
- Please be aware that any licensing, or product information could be subject to change.
- This document confers no rights and is provided for information purposes only.
- Please be aware, my own emphasis may have been added to quotations and extracts from 3rd party sources.
- This is not official guidance from Microsoft or its subsidiaries.
- The following article is based on open information shared with Licensing Solutions Providers (LSPs) and based on personal inference and understanding.
- This document is provided “as-is”. Information and views expressed in this document, including URL and other Internet Web site references, may change without notice. This document does not provide you with any legal rights to any intellectual property in any Microsoft product.
- Please be aware that nothing in this document constitutes specific technical advice. Some of the material in this document may have been prepared some time ago and therefore may have been superseded. Specialist advice from the vendor should be taken in relation to specific circumstances.
- The contents of this document are for general information purposes only. Whilst the author endeavors to ensure that the information on this document is correct, no warranty, express or implied, is given as to its accuracy and the primary author or it’s contributing Authors do not accept any liability for error or omission.
- The contributing authors and owner of this document shall not be liable for any damage (including, without limitation, damage for loss of business or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of, or inability to use, this website or any material contained in it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this website or any such material.
- This Disclaimer is not intended to and does not create any contractual or other legal rights.